To keep the reading as close as possible to the book, design and functions are designed in such manner. The eBook reader is so small and light enough to be always on the go at 6 inches.
Reading pleasure does not have to end at the pool or the edge of the bathtub as the eReader is waterproof.
Compare the eReader with the previous model and reveal whether a purchase is worthwhile as we present the features and benefits of the Kindle Paperwhite in the following test overview.
In the 20198 version and improving it, Amazon has refreshed the eBook reader Kindle Paperwhite in the 2018 version and the following are the key features of the Paperwhite at a glance:
Display is waterproof
- The Paperwhite eReader offers precise reading pleasure and can be stowed away in every pocket at the same time with a compact 6 inches and a resolution of 300 ppi.
- The Kindle Paperwhite allows you to read without reflection even in sunlight. Consisting of 5 LEDs which is routed to the surface of the display and can be adjusted in brightness to minimize the strain on the eyes even in the dark is what the optimized front light is for.
- At least to a fresh water depth of 2 meters, the brightest change compared to the predecessor model is that the eReader is now waterproof.
- Than its predecessors, the Kindle Paperwhite 2018 is flatter and lighter. The predecessor model brought in the comparison even more than 200 grams on the scales; it only weighs 182 grams in the WLAN version.
- The edge of the eBook reader is narrower than its predecessor which makes the new Kindle Paperwhite more compact in addition.
- To about 8.18 mm the thickness of the eReader was shrunk into.
- Compared to the previous version, Amazon has doubled the storage of the Kindle Paperwhite 2018.
- Between 8 GB and 32 GB of storage, the interested parties can choose from.
- Users will be receiving book suggestions based on their reading history including books on Kindle Unlimited or Prime Reading as Amazon has completely redesigned the home screen of its eReaders Kindle Paperwhite 2018.
- Especially for Paperwhite to meet the challenges of digital reading, Bookerly is an exclusive font designed. While intelligent punctuation makes words even, Bookerly is handcrafted for easy legibility in all font sizes.
- The reading is made easy with better character spacing, word separation, justification, undercutting, ligatures, and initials support.
- You can choose between different personalized reading profiles with different fonts, font sizes and text orientations in the new Kindle Paperwhite 2018 if you are not satisfied with Bookerly so far.
- Compared to its predecessor, the Kindle Paperwhite 2018 now operates with Amazon’s Audible audiobook streaming service.
- They can connect the eReader through Bluetooth to an external speaker as the provided users are subscribers to the Audible service.
To give the user the feeling of reading a paper book, various features of Kindle Paperwhite are designed in such a way.
The Bookerly font was developed for the best reading experience, text passages as they can be marked or notes taken in the eBook can be made like a book albeit at Paperwhite digital instead of a pen for example.
You can quickly jump to the end with Paperwhite as with the paper copy and then tick off the book if you find the novel boring.
From the following reading aspects the owners of Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2018 benefits from:
Whispersync for Voice and Whispersync
- To the other devices or the Kindle App, the eReader Kindle Paperwhite automatically saves the most recently read pages and syncs.
- To continue reading at the point where they last stopped is what is allowed for the users.
- Through the important book passages which mention the relevant ideas, characters or historical personalities or places, this feature provides a timeline view.
- About words, the reader can also get additional information. With X-Ray and Wikipedia, smart lookup combines a dictionary.
Whereby the eBook reader benefited from the new waterproofness compared to its predecessor model, them mid-priced Kindle Paperwhite did well in tests. Because of the plastic housing, the digital reader was only marginally criticized for this:
- Especially that the eReader Amazon Kindle Paperwhite is now waterproof, the reviewers of the US portal Pocket-lint liked the design update.
- The selection of reading profiles which are added to the good impression, numerous small improvements are added.
- The tech-tech portal techradar speaks about a major update that Amazon made to its eReader Kindle Paperwhite as it sees in the eBook reader an ideal Christmas Present after its first test.
- After the test as the biggest feature for most users, the British tech gadget magazine Stuff rated the water resistance of Amazon eReaders Kindle Paperwhite.